Apex International

USA Immigration

USA Immigration

While there are about 185 different types of visas, there are two main categories of U.S. visas: Non-immigrant visa – for temporary visits such as for tourism, business, work, visiting family, or studying. Immigrant visa – for people to immigrate to the United States

While there are about 185 different types of visas, there are two main categories of U.S. Visas:
  • Non-immigrant visa – for temporary visits such as for tourism, business, work, visiting family, or studying.
  • Immigrant visa – for people to immigrate to the United States.
How to Apply
  • Pay the visa application fee.
  • Complete the Non-immigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form.
  • Schedule your appointment on this web page. You will need three pieces of information in order to schedule your appointment:
  • Visit the U.S. Embassy/Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview.
  • The L-1B visa processing time is similar to the other L-1 visa category. This means that after your employer files the petition and you apply, it will take approximately 3 to 4 months for USCIS and the U.S Embassy to get back to you with a response
Purpose of Travel to U.S. and          Non-immigrant Visas                  Visa Type
Temporary workers – seasonal agricultural                                                 H-2A
Temporary workers – non-agricultural                                                         H-2B
Tourism, vacation, pleasure visitors                                                           B-2
Training in a program not primarily for employment                                   H-3

The two main types of visas are immigrant (permanent residency) visas (also known as green cards), which let you live and work indefinitely IN Side the U.S., and non-immigrant visas, which allow you to live and/or work in the U.S. on a temporary basis.

The maximum duration of stay on a B1/B2 visa is 6 months. Your visa can expire while you are still in the U.S. – just ensure that you do not overstay the period permitted by the Immigration Officer! Q: I have 10 years multiple entry visitor’s visa.

Certain international travellers may be eligible to travel to the United States without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel. … (Note: U.S. citizens don’t need a U.S. visa for travel, but when planning travel abroad may need a visa issued by the embassy of the country they wish to visit.

you can convert your B1/B2 tourist visa to work visa if 1. … You did not enter the US with a visa waiver (ESTA visa) 4. You have an employer who is offering you a professional job position.

A foreign citizen seeking to immigrate generally must be sponsored by a U.S Citizen or lawful permanent resident immediate relative(s), or prospective U.S. Employer, and have an approved petition before applying for an immigrant visa

B1 Visa. US government offers B visa to foreign citizens who want to visit the US for business reasons on a temporary basis. Generally, B visas are provided in two categories B1 and B2 visas and are issued together. B1 visa is for business and B2 is for pleasure.

The cost for a temporary non-immigrant visa to the United States is around $260, according to the US travel department. If you are coming in as a temporary employee or a religious worker, the fee may be slightly higher.

For those who want to permanently stay in the United States, the process can be a lot harder. The easiest way would be to have an adult family member who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident sponsor you. The nature of your relationship with your sponsor will be taken in consideration, as spouses and children have a better chance of being admitted than siblings or cousins if unsure of procedure you can get immigration attorney to process for you.

Permanent Workers

Approximately 140,000 immigrant visas are available each fiscal year for aliens (and their spouses and children) who seek to immigrate based on their job skills. If you have the right combination of skills, education, and/or work experience and are otherwise eligible, you may be able to live permanently in the United States. The five employment-based immigrant visa preferences (categories) are listed below.

USA Immigration Recruitment Documents
If you are seeking to immigrate to the United States, there are several documents that you may need to provide in order to complete your application. Some of the most commonly required documents for immigration include:
  1. Passport: A valid passport is required for travel to the United States. Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of your expected arrival in the U.S.

  2. Form I-129: This form is used to petition for a nonimmigrant worker. Depending on the type of visa you are applying for, you may need to provide additional information and supporting documents.

  3. Employment Verification Letter: This letter should be provided by your prospective employer in the United States, and should include information about your job offer, your salary, and the terms and conditions of your employment.

  4. Educational and Professional Certificates: If you have completed a degree or professional training program, you may need to provide proof of your education and qualifications.

  5. Medical Examination Results: If required, you will need to undergo a medical examination and provide the results to immigration officials.

  6. Financial Information: You may need to provide proof of your financial support, such as bank statements, tax returns, and other financial documentation.

  7. Criminal Background Check: Some visa categories require a criminal background check, and you may need to provide police clearance certificates from any countries you have lived in for six months or more.

It’s important to note that the specific immigration requirements can vary based on the type of visa you are applying for and your individual circumstances. It’s always best to consult with an immigration attorney or a qualified immigration professional for the most up-to-date and accurate information.

USA Immigration FEES
There are several fees associated with the immigration process in the United States, including:
  1. Application Fees: Different types of visas have different application fees, which are typically paid to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). For example, as of my knowledge cut off date in 2021, the fee for a Form I-129 petition for a nonimmigrant worker is $460.

  2. Processing Fees: Some visa categories require additional processing fees, which can be paid to the U.S. government or to outside organizations.

  3. Legal Fees: If you choose to hire an immigration attorney to assist with your application, you will be responsible for paying their legal fees.

  4. Medical Examination Fees: If required, you may need to pay for a medical examination, which can range from a few hundred to several thousand dollars, depending on the type of exam and your location.

  5. Biometric Services Fees: Some visa applications may require biometric services, such as fingerprinting and photos, which can incur additional fees.

It’s important to note that the fees associated with the immigration process can change, and that the fees listed here are subject to change. Before you submit your application, it’s always best to verify the current fees with the relevant government agency. Additionally, keep in mind that there may be additional costs associated with the immigration process, such as travel expenses, document translation fees, and other costs.

Labour Certification

Some immigrant visa preferences require you to already have a job offer from a U.S. employer. This employer will be considered your sponsor. For some visa categories, before the U.S. employer can submit an immigration petition to USCIS, the employer must obtain an approved labour certification from the U.S. Department of Labour (DOL). The DOL labour certification verifies:

  • There are insufficient available, qualified, and willing U.S. workers to fill the position being offered at the prevailing wage
  • Hiring a foreign worker will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers

If an individual is not a citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States they will need a permit to work, officially known as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), to prove eligibility to work in the U.S. It is the responsibility of both parties to show and require proof of legal employment status.

For more information, please
 email apexgrouphyd@apexedu.in or submit your query online.
× How can I help you?